The maple syrup is very famous in the U.S. and Canada. For some it is a wonderful addition to the morning pancakes, for others – a tool for weight loss. They call it a powerful and highly therapeutic. These properties were known to the Indians in the early 18th century. The maple syrup is obtained from the sap of the sugar maple, which grows only in North America. The maple trees should be at least 40s in order to be able to be used for the extraction of juice. Nearly 80 % of the world’s maple syrup is produced in Quebec. Used primarily as a sweetener. Syrup produced in Canada is known for its unique properties – it contains a huge amount of trace element, as well as fresh glucose, sucrose rather than harmful.
The maple sap is produced in early spring. In the trunk of the tree holes are drilled to a depth of about 5 cm. These holes are inserted tubes in which the juice runs out in special containers. Evaporation, however, requires a long time, as in the juice comes to more than 95 % water. 40 liters of juice is obtained an average of 1 liter of syrup. In real maple syrup no sugar added, colorings or preservatives.
- 100% natural syrup has fewer calories and more minerals than honey;
- Over 20 antioxidant compounds;
- Rich in potassium and calcium;
- Large amounts of iron , zinc and manganese;
- Vitamins -B1, B2, B6, C;
- High concentrations of phytohormones and particularly abscisic – acid which is a natural protection against diabetes.
10 reasons to trust it:
- Antioxidants it possess antibacterial essential properties;
- Provide energy and strengthen body immunity due contained vitamins and trace elements ;
- Helps eliminate toxins and stimulates digestion;
- 150 ml maple syrup provide our daily dose of manganese – especially necessary for the normal functioning of the immune and nervous system, and the health of our bones;
- Zinc in it is important for the function of reproductive organs, prostate, protein synthesis, protects the liver from damage, supports bone formation;
- Despite its sweetness is recommended in diabetes due contained abscisic acid;
- Bile and cleanses the kidneys;
- Helps fight the bad cholesterol;
- Is shown to be effective in combating the growth of cancer cells in the brain, breast, lung, prostate;
- Diet with maple syrup reflects very well on the whole organism – the digestive tract, hair, skin, general physical condition.
More about the famous “maple diet”
Its duration is ten days and if you are persistent you can lose about ten kilograms of your weight.
Here are the its products:
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 pinch of ginger powder or cayenne pepper to improve metabolism
300 ml of water
Beat the ingredients to obtain a homogeneous mixture. The daily intake of 6 to 12 cups. Not permitted food intake. Allowed only tea and water.
Perhaps , however, this should make you sick too, and then quickly regain excess weight. So you can try out a compromise including intake of fruits and vegetables and reduce the duration of fasting for five or seven days. If you do not need diets is nice to make a cathartic day of the week with maple “miracle.” You will feel really good , your body will relax and recharge.
How to choose?
Over 80% of maple syrup that is sold on the market is made from corn syrup, white sugar, also add glucose and honey, it is very important to keep track of the hallmarks of the original syrup. Real maple syrup has a dark amber color, transparent or semi-transparent, without sediment. It is best to choose a certified organic product. You will meet different classes: A , C and D. A class is a syrup which was taken up first in the tree. Following class C and D, very rich in vitamins and minerals is the first, and second because of their rich caramel flavor, is used more often to sweeten cakes.