Besides having a negative effect on our attitudes concerning the world, stress is able to lower our vital indicators. It makes the body more vulnerable to attack by pathogenic microorganisms and in turn also causes a number of diseases.
Therefore, when the first indications that stress attacks our body must be opposed. And one of the easiest and at the same time recommended methods is through food.
So here’s what those seven foods that successfully cope with stress:
1. Spinach – green plant is an indispensable source of magnesium, which helps keep the stress hormone cortisol in the acceptable range. In turn, inadequate consumption of foods rich in magnesium may be a cause of headache and fatigue.
2. Oily fish – fish dishes and especially those made from oily fish, bring the body valuable omega-3 fatty acids. They contribute to the regulation of mood, and prevent the increase of stress and depression neutralized.
3. Oranges – Orange fruit is particularly high in vitamin C. Several studies have determined precisely this vitamin as a natural enemy of stress. Foods which contain simultaneously reduce stress hormone levels and strengthen the immune system.
4. Black tea – black tea helps to successful recovery after intense moments. Regular consumption of the drink ensure the limited release of the stress hormone cortisol during stressful situations. It should be borne in mind, however, that caffeine contained in it can have exactly the opposite direction.
5. Almonds and pistachio nuts – these nuts, and other similar foods contain high amounts of omega-3 fatty acids, so it is better for them to appear in the menu regularly.
6. Herbs – Herbs are tested over time a natural product, fighting stress. St. John’s wort, for example, recommended for mild forms of depression triggered by stressful impact.
7. Milk – a glass of milk is the perfect tool for easy and noninvasive way to influence on the tension that keeps us from falling asleep at night. Calcium in the food reduces anxiety, relieves mood swings and treat anxiety.