Although often we do not pay much attention to fiber, they are an important part of the food used for the prevention of breast cancer.
Why fiber is important for the prevention of breast cancer
Fiber estrogen maintain a healthy balance. Sometimes we accumulate excessive amounts of estrogen. This can be done by the excessive accumulation of fat in the body, or by exposure to estrogen-like chemicals in the environment. It is better to keep our bodies free from excess estrogen to maintain a low risk of breast cancer. Dietary fibers have been associated with estrogen in the digestive tract and excreted from the body.
In addition to the maintenance of estrogen in healthy levels, there are many other benefits of eating fiber-rich foods. Fiber can help you not gain weight and feel full longer. They also help you not raise cholesterol levels, which is great for the heart. Finally, they help for the perfect functioning of the entire digestive system.
How much fiber should I eat?
Women younger than 50 years should consume at least 25 grams of fiber each day.
Is it necessary to take any dietary supplements with fiber?
Most people do not need supplements of fiber in order to obtain the required dose. It is best to source fiber from food. There are so many foods that are naturally rich in fiber. Avoid packaged and processed foods that contain the word ‘fiber’ in its name (such as blocks FiberOne). While these bars are delicious, I find that they are rather unhealthy because they contain high amounts of sugar and hydrogenated oils (trans fats). Always read the labels!
Naturally fiber-rich foods
- Legumes (very rich source of fiber!)
- Berry berries
- 100% whole wheat bread and dry crackers
- Whose seeds
- Cereal or crackers bran
- Popcorn (always best to give yourself doing them)
- Dried fruit (always choose unsweetened)
- Raw vegetables
Tips to increase your daily fiber intake
- Eat bran cereal for breakfast
- Add flax seed or seed whose in shakes or cereal breakfast
- Eat popcorn night (best to make them at home!)
- Eat nuts or berries berries as Snacks
- Use frozen berries berries shakes
- Use 100% whole wheat bread for sandwiches or for his morning toast
- Use 100% whole wheat flour for baking
- Use whole wheat noodles in dish with pasta or spaghetti instead, as in brown rice. Whole grain pasta also work. Buckwheat noodles is great for Asian dishes. You can find them in health food stores.
- Buy or make yourself bran muffins